Cold chain interrupted: Kaufland calls liver sausage back
The Federal Office for Consumer Protection and Food Safety (BVL) and Kauflandervice GmbH & Co. KG warn of several liver sausage products that were recently offered by Kaufland across Germany. Due to an interruption in the cold chain, a possible health hazard is not excluded.
For reasons of preventive consumer protection, Kaufland is recalling various types of liver sausage. According to the company, the cold chain was interrupted, making the edibility of the products no longer possible.
Which products are affected?
The affected products are the Kaufland own-label “K-Favorites Leberwurst” in different versions with the best-before dates of December 11, 2019 and December 18, 2019. The following varieties are recalled:
- K-Favorites liver sausage with cranberries 150 grams, GTIN 4337185751189
- K-Favorites liver sausage with black truffles 150 grams, GTIN 4337185751264
- K-Favorites liver sausage with roasted and ground coffee beans 150 grams, GTIN 4337185751226
- K-Favorites liver sausage with apple and onion 150 grams, GTIN 4337185751202
Products should not be consumed
As Kaufland reports, the above items have already been taken out of sale. Anyone who has already bought the affected liver sausage should no longer consume it. Instead, the goods can be returned to any Kaufland store. It is not necessary to present the receipt. (vb)
Author and source information
This text corresponds to the specifications of the medical literature, medical guidelines and current studies and has been checked by medical doctors.
Graduate editor (FH) Volker Blasek
- Kaufland Service GmbH & Co. KG: Call back: K-Favorites liver sausage (call: November 27, 2019), company.kaufland.de